As the vast majority of the world’s population already knows, social media is fertile ground for successful and profitable marketing campaigns. Millions of people run various types of ads through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other influential companies. However, while it may sound simple enough, it’s not quite the case. In fact, there are all kinds of different methods and techniques one can use in order to “hit the right spot” as people say. Nevertheless, there is some skill, experience, and momentum involved that most regular users of the Internet don’t have or don’t want to cope with.
If you’re among those who need a quick and short guide through the process, this article might offer some detailed insights and introduce you to a couple of common techniques that aren’t hard to execute. In case you already own a business and are struggling to promote it, have a look, and you might find a clue and identify the segment that affects your traffic, stats, indexing, and so on.
One must start with a basic idea; it’s a matter of common sense. There are a couple of questions you should ask yourself before even creating a strategy.
On the other side, you must identify the weakest points of your business by asking these questions:
Now, a successful marketing campaign contains each of these four elements. If you have a team of people working for you, make sure you divide the responsibilities equally. In case you’re operating alone, try incorporating these questions respectively into the campaign.
A lot of inexperienced entrepreneurs seem to think that because a particular social network has millions of users, it automatically represents a million dollar shot. However, if that were true, everybody would constantly run ads, and PPC system wouldn’t exist.
The key is in finding the right group of people to whom you’re going to promote your product or service. In simpler words, if you’re selling PC components, the hunters or elderly aren’t your best point of interest. Therefore, the solution is quite clear – place your product or service in the proper category instead of hitting the whole user base in general. Also, the financial aspect is much more favorable if you target specific categories.
The most common way people advertise nowadays is through Facebook. With its user base of over 1.2 billion people, this social network is a gold mine for everyone who’s capable of creating an ad. Once again, it’s not as simple as one might think.
Before creating the ad, check some of the Facebook’s statistics out. For example, 45% of the users are women, and the remaining 55% are men. Around 35% of these people are 18-24 years of age. While it may sound pretty irrelevant, these small pieces of data are what makes a promotion successful, and without them, you wouldn’t be able to research the market before investing in the promotion.
Although it has a much smaller user base than Facebook, Twitter is well-known for being the most popular messaging board in the world. Users exchange incredible amounts of text messages on a daily basis. The most recent research has shown that there are over 500 million tweets shared every day.
If you put these numbers in perspective, it should be quite clear that there is a huge market out there and it doesn’t require much more than proper grammar and some common sense. Twitter is also a great tool for clients to share their opinion about your service or product, and most often criticize some aspects of it. Customer support departments of major corporations love using Twitter as means to communicate directly and quickly with their interest group.
The least popular yet not necessarily the worst method is making new connections through Linkedin. Unlike Facebook and Twitter ads which interact with users, this particular network is great for back-to-back communication with professionals and individuals from the same business. It’s a good tool for building collaboration on a company level which can result in an up-rise of your business. While most people avoid hassling with Linkedin and instead use Instagram, there is no doubt that they are making a mistake.
As you can tell, these methods don’t require a high level of expertise. Anyone can analyze and supervise the market in order to make a profitable campaign, as long as they follow the right path.
Don’t get confused if you run into failure. There are very few individiuals who made it in the first few runs. The key is in staying consistent and being in the loop as far as the market goes.